Sunday, May 15, 2011

Races!

As I've mentioned a few times before, I love races. Since spring has sprung it's time to start running races! Another goal I set for myself this year (in addition to a full marathon) is to compete in a triathlon. A friend from high school posted that she signed up for the Army 10 miler today on Facebook so that got me motivated to start registering for some races. So here's a list of what I have coming up...

Gate City Striders Summer Trail Series June - July - a 12 week series of trail races on Monday nights. You can choose a 5k or 5 mile course. Only $5 a race to register! I'm going to run as many as I can, provided work cooperates...
Hollis Fast 5k - June 9 - a downhill 5k, maybe I'll set a new 5k PR!
Litchfield Hills Triathlon - August 21 - my Aunt owns a house on the lake that the race takes place around so I can practice in the lake I'll be racing in and I can walk to the race on the day of!
Army 10 Miler - October 9 - Maybe I'll be a hot solider ;-)
Space Coast Marathon - November 27 - the big, bad, race!

So I still need to register for at least 1 half to train for the full and I want to try to find a few 5 and 10k's to keep me motivated and there is a sprint tri close in June close to my house that I might register for to remember what it's like to compete in a tri! But it's getting late and I already spent more than a week's paycheck online today (I bought an iPad too...but more on the later).

Every time I go running I think about new blog topics I can write about. I just need to find time to write everything up. More soon, I promise!

2 comments:

  1. Great list!! Looks like you have a lot to look forward to in the coming months :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming by and following my blog! I LOVE new followers! Your list looks great! I know you are so excited about running the full marathon!

    ReplyDelete