Monday, June 13, 2011

Trail Series Week 2

So I went ahead and ran the trail series race today mainly because I really want the shirt for running in all 12 races! My plan was to go slow since I had a big day yesterday and I was still a little sore from the bike. Well I had a crappy day at work and I guess my body just wanted to get rid of all of the frustration and I ended up running it in 28:13! Woohoo! I knocked 20 seconds off! I'm THAT much closer to breaking through a 9 minute mile pace!

Week 1 of marathon training started today and here's what I have to do...


Rest

Run:

3 mi

Bike: 30 min

Pace:

3 mi

Rest
Run:
6 mi
Cross
60 min


So I did a bad thing and I missed the rest day BUT that's only because I know that I'm not going to have time to work out on Wednesday and I had my race today that I didn't want to miss and I don't want to take 2 days off in a row! We'll have to see how I feel tomorrow...maybe I'll end up taking my rest day tomorrow and my other rest day on Wednesday...I need to remember, rest is not a bad thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment