Saturday, June 11, 2011

Big Day Tomorrow!


Tomorrow I am competing in my first triathlon since 2005. The last time I competed it was 0.25 mile swim, 12 mile bike, and 2 mile run. I finished it in 1:25:24. Back then I wasn't very athletic. I ran about a 12 min mile for the run and when I say run I mean a lot of walking.


Tomorrow's race will be 0.3 mile swim, 16 mile bike, and 3.1 mile run. Since I don't have much to compare it to, I'm going to set my goal to be anything under 2 hours (and I totally intend to come in well under that goal but if I don't I won't be too disappointed :-P). My main issue about tomorrow is the weather. The high for the day is 63 degrees and it will be overcast. The race starts at 9AM and I'm 90% sure that I'm in the first wave (at least it's less time sitting in the cold waiting to start!) so I'm not optimistic that it's going to be 63 when I get out of the water. Combine that with overcast and I don't get warm fuzzies that I will be feeling warm and fuzzy by the end of the race! In fact, I'm super worried I'm not going to dry off at all!

I'm also worried that the only thing I'm anxious about tomorrow is being cold. I'm not at all anxious about oversleeping in the morning or not being prepared for the race...nope, I just don't wanna be cold! But despite this fact I still want ice cream more than anything right now...but I keep telling myself that ice cream tonight would be bad tomorrow and to wait and save it as a reward tomorrow!

Anyway, time to get ready for tomorrow. I'll update when it's all over!

No comments:

Post a Comment