Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Week 5 Weigh In

The mid challenge weigh in for my work weightloss challenge is tomorrow. According to my scale I've lost maybe 2 pounds since I started 5 weeks ago. One could argue that it's better than gaining weight but I still feel like a failure given that I'm supposed to have the goal of losing 10% of my body weight in 10 weeks. 2 pounds is not even 2% for me :(

I signed up for the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge for added motivation to get to the gym during cookie season! Hopefully that will help with weeks 6-10 on the work weight loss challenge!

I won't let this derail my goals. I might not make it to 10% by the end of the 10 weeks but I won't give up because I have no hope! I started working off shift hours at work this wee and I have to say that, in the winter, off shift hours might be the best thing ever. Screw daylight savings time, we need to either shift time by 8 hours or work evenings instead of days! I love waking up with the sun, putzing around the house for a bit, getting outside for a little exercise while it is sunny and warm, and then heading into work just as it gets dark.

I think I am somewhat affected by SADD, but I think everyone, to some level is. People just get grumpy in the winter up north with the short days and snow. I know some people living for skiing but that can't totally make up for the crappy weather and lack of daylight! Working at night solves this problem but it creates the problem of never being able to see people because the rest of the world works during the day still. Maybe I'll start a petition to move work hours to the evening during the winter. I think everyone would be happier that way. All of those ski people can get their skiing in before work when it's still light out. And the rest of us can just bask in the glory of the sun year round!

I even got a super long work out in today! I normally have to struggle to do 30 min of something at the gym on weekdays but today I was there for almost an hour and a half (yeah, yeah, I know I just talked about the awesomeness of daylight and then I go and talk about the gym...today called for weights and bike so I couldn't help it). I am super excited about running outside tomorrow! And I did stay out for longer than planned yesterday when I ran! It helps that the weather has been unseasonably warm. I wore a tank and shorts today!

Does the winter suck your will to workout? Do you hate getting out of work after the sun sets?

No comments:

Post a Comment