Saturday, December 31, 2011

1000

A month or so ago I decided that I was going to reach 1000 miles of exercising in 2011. As of 10:15AM on December 31 I officially reached my goal! Since I'm an engineer I had to download my stats from dailymile.com and break it down...here is my summary by exercise type*:

Cross Country Skiing: 18.35 miles
Cycling: 379.66 miles
Elliptical: 12.60 miles
Hiking: 14.20 miles
Rowing: 21.10 miles
Running: 417.62 miles
Spinning: 92.0** miles
Swimming: 4.0 miles
Walking: 40.5 miles

*If you add it all up it might not be exactly 1000 miles...when I exported the data to excel it sent it in meters so I had to convert and round
**I had quite a few distance free/time only entries so it's really higher than this number!

So there you have it boys and girls. I didn't quite reach my running goal of 500 miles but I'm giving myself a bye on that one since I was injured for 3 months this year and had to make up for it in other places. If you look at the time breakdown, all of that stuff above was 131.96 hours. On top of all of that I did an additional 33.87 hours of weights/crossfit type stuff. So I worked out for a grand total of 170.84 hours or approximately 2% of the year.

It's kind of sad to think that it is such an effort to get out and exercise for 30 minutes a day sometimes and all of that only added up to 2% of my year. 2% adds up to be an average of 30 minutes a day every day of the year.

With all of this information I can set smart goals for next year...I'll need a few hours to think about that...

1 comment:

  1. That's a great accomplishment!! I have started something similar where I'm aiming to walk / jog the distance between two state cities (Sydney to Melbourne) which is roughly under 950 Km.

    http://weightlossthesearchfortheskinnierme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete